February 8, 2011

Meet Laurie!

As you may have seen, yesterday I guest blogged on my old friend Laurie Steiner's blog, so today is her turn!  Check out the words of wisdom this 20 something blogger has for all of us!


Meet Laurie!                                
Dreaming Big.

Hello friends! First and foremost, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Allyson for letting me stop by her beautiful blog today… thank you Allyson! Also, please let me introduce myself. I’m Laurie—a southern-bred 20-something gal who loves chips and salsa, social media, manicures and pedicures, miniature schnauzers, writing, sunshine, traveling, good wine, cold beer and singing in the shower.

I graduated from college four years ago this May, and I must say, it’s hard to believe how far I’ve come in the past few years. What originally began as a post-college public relations job has transformed into a full-blown magazine publishing career complete with social media responsibilities and an eagerness for technology, learning and the ever-changing world around me.

I can safely say that after just a short time of trying to figure it all out, I am pretty comfortable with where I am and who I’ve become. Needless to say, I still have lots of growing to do and can’t wait for what’s ahead. As a young professional like many of you out there, I have aspirations and goals that I wish to achieve.

That being said, I have some personal hopes too. I do the happy dance over the very thought of getting married and having babies. I dream of my own wedding (and live vicariously through beautiful wedding photos like Allyson and Chris have), swooning over the gorgeous brides, handsome grooms, sweet flower girls, pretty tablescapes and beautifully-arranged flowers.


I have a bucket list and hope to get most if not all of those items accomplished at some point throughout my lifetime. I hope I can share those experiences with someone special. I hope I can dream big, live happily, find joy in life’s most precious moments, be a good friend, discover new passions, remember the past, look toward the future and smile every step of the way.

And at the ripe old age of 20-something, I figure, why not take the leap of faith and live every day to the fullest? Here’s to dreaming big and loving every minute of it.

Again, thanks for letting me stop by to say hello. I hope you’ll take a moment to venture over to my little space on the blogosphere and leave a note. I’d love to hear from you.

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment