January 4, 2011

A New Beginning

I've had the idea to start a blog for awhile, but was never 100% sure what to blog about.  Then, early last month, I got laid off from my job and my new husband and I found ourselves in a tough situation.  Don't get me wrong, the hubs has a great job, but for 2 young, childless people, we enjoy going on trips, eating out, shopping, as much as the next person.  That all got put on hold and we now have a strict budget.  Then it hit me.  So many people are in a similar situation to us, why not start blogging about things I've found to help save money, continue "living" our life how we like, and surviving the tough time of unemployment.  Plus, it will give me a chance to vent, allow you all to vent, because, let's face it...no matter how great our jobs are, we are all nervous at some point that our position might be next one cut.  I thought I had the indispensable job, yet I ended up on the opposite side of our HR director right before the holidays.  So follow me on my journey to save money and make sure that our little family of 2 doesn't miss out on any of the excitement life has to offer, even on a budget.

To end this first post, I want to put up a quote my best friend sent me yesterday that was exactly what I needed to hear at the time..."When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.  So here's to star gazing and realizing that there is no mountain too high!

1 comment:

  1. Your father and I are so proud of you and the way your are facing this challenge of your life. We know things will turn around and the perfect job will come. We love you.

    ReplyDelete